Wednesday, March 7, 2007

It begins...

So I somehow managed to land this “Will blog for experience” gig. In case you don’t know, the deal goes like this: 5 finalists have been selected by Experience.com to blog for 3 weeks. At the end of the 3 weeks, whichever blogger has gotten the most traffic on their site will get an all expense paid trip to LA to spend the day shadowing the creators of JibJab.com. It’s a pretty sweet deal, especially since I spend a large majority of my life either filming things, thinking about filming things, being on the internet, or thinking about being on the internet. So a chance to peek at the inner workings of a viral video production company like JibJab is a really amazing opportunity.

However, now that the initial squealing and excitement has died down, I’m faced with a question: What do I blog about? Should it be a nerdy blog, with links to nerdtastic webcomics, and delightfully nerdy photos like this one:

(this was the jack-o-lantern I created this past Halloween). Nerdy things certainly have a following on teh internets, and I could defiantly pander to that audience.

Or, should I make this into a self-righteous, rabblerousing political blog?

I could rant about how the RIAA is taking advantage of everyone from consumers of music to the musicians themselves. I could provide links and articles about their attempts at silencing independent streaming radio. Lord knows that there aren’t enough of these kinds of blogs in the ‘blogosphere’.

On the other hand, perhaps I should keep this blog lighthearted. No one wants to read about politics anyways, it’s just depressing. Perhaps I could cheer you up by showing you pictures of adorable animals and quirky Japanese products.

This is the kind of fluff that everyone loves and no one could possibly find offensive. More fluff = more traffic.

As you can probably tell, this blog is going to be something of a hybrid of all of these things: sometimes nerdy, sometimes political, sometimes simply fluffy, but (hopefully) always entertaining. I can promise you that I will try not to bore you with the mundane details of my everyday life…that’s what livejournal is for. I’d like to know what you guys want to see from this blog, what your interests are and what you think of the things I post. It will be a journey we take together (and now I sound like a damn hippy…). So sit down, log on, and be sure to check back regularly, because:

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

post tits or gtfo

March 7, 2007 at 9:59 PM  
Blogger Joey Infortuno said...

whatever it is that you decide to blog about...we're watching over here @ JibJab! =)

March 7, 2007 at 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaay anonymity! Hehe. If you know who i am, you're extreeemely talented.

Anyway, good luck, Amber, on your Quest to Get Dem Dollaz!

Yaaay.

Peace.

March 8, 2007 at 12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog rocks!!! Humor is a good way to go. You're very talented. Can't wait to see more!

March 8, 2007 at 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to drop the F-Bomb. Very distracting, overused & takes away from the high quality you are attempting to acheive

March 8, 2007 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

^_^ That's my lady

March 8, 2007 at 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She can drop the F-Bomb if she wants. It's her blog, isn't it? I think you can still sound intelligent while speaking the way you normally would in conversation.

March 8, 2007 at 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all for "cursing." Plenty of words are overused (What's the deal with "the", anyway?), but that doesn't mean we should ignore them altogether. And it ESPECIALLY doesn't mean that we should censor ourselves to meet your snobbish level of writing.

March 8, 2007 at 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and the "your" was at the commenter, not Amber. Good luck, Amber!

March 8, 2007 at 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 8, 2007 at 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i likes it.. and i hope you win!!! its very beautiful out here if nothing else (im in sunny san diego.. ) can i have a cup-o-kitten?

March 8, 2007 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Bloody Bonnie said...

The comment about the F-bomb was from my dad, guys. He's not trying to censor me, he just doesn't like his little girl using ugly words. Who can blame him?

March 8, 2007 at 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get over it, dear children. THE parents need to have THE illusion that their kids are untouched by the crud of this world (plus, we know that Amber's perfect). Oh yeah...this is Mom. I'm just too lazy to choose an identity. Now on to another topic. Your "nerd hunk" is HILARIOUS! I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that. FUNNY! And I'm goofing off at work. Now, all you people keep coming to this site, so Amber can meet awesome people and maybe get an awesome job and not have to work with mindless, idiotic lemmings every day like I do. And maybe she can support me someday. Can I pose for your blog? I have a new tap dance. P.S. - Genetics are slow but inevitable).

March 8, 2007 at 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Amber Love Aunt Heidi

March 8, 2007 at 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that nap helmet is a really brilliant invention. EVERYBODY sleeps on the train in Japan. When I was there I saw people standing in the train aisles asleep.

March 8, 2007 at 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting readings u have here! that is a SWEET jack-o-latern!!!!!

March 23, 2007 at 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, a Sasquatch sighting.

April 5, 2007 at 7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Joey Infortuno were really watching, he would know that Amber's blog is the best. The other blog is full of idiot fluff that's not funny. Amber's blog is funny and smart.

May 2, 2007 at 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home